Tiles are one of the most durable, affordable, and trendy, modern-day materials for your next construction project. Tiles are meant to last for longer periods of time but it requires proper maintenance. The most important part of the maintenance process is the cleaning of the tiles. There are several ways to clean your tiles such as elbow grease or deep clean chemicals. But are those chemicals safe for the environment? Will they provide you with shiny tiles without affecting the surface of the tiles? These are some of the questions that may cross every person’s mind before they opt for such chemical Tile Cleaners.
Citrus of the Lemon Juice
Lemon juice, when combined with the right ingredients or simply with hot water can do wonders. It is one of the most suitable Tile Cleaners for your bathroom or kitchen floor tiles, countertops, and even mirrors. They are the most effective at removing stains, dirt, and grease that may have formed over time. Other than that, it can help you get rid of bad odor and provide you with a nice-smelling room. Lemon juice contains citrus, a natural acid that breaks down bacteria and sanitizes the whole area. Soap scum, which forms on the grout lines in the layout of the tiles is best cleaned using a lemon-infused cleaning product.
Now, let us go through a step-by-step guide on how to clean your floor using lemon juice mixed with hot water:
- Remove any debris or rubbish from the floor that might be in the way.
- Cut a few lemons in half and squeeze the juice into a small container.
- Mix the lemon juice with hot water or bicarbonate soda to form a mixture.
- Use a mop or a cloth to wipe the affected areas of the floor or countertops and leave it to dry.
Vinegar and Baking Soda
Vinegar and baking soda are not used for the purpose of cooking only. Instead, it is an amazing ingredient for cleaning tough stains on your tiles. Baking soda and vinegar are also popular products for cleaning hard-to-remove stains from your clothes. Both vinegar and soda remove dirt, stains, and grout from your tiles but they should not be used on every type of tile. The preferred tiles to clean with vinegar are ceramic, vinyl, and laminate stones.
Now, let us go through a step-by-step guide towards cleaning your floor tiles using vinegar and baking soda.
- Remove any extra particles on the floor using a mop or a vacuum cleaner.
- Create a mixture of vinegar and baking soda in a spray bottle
- Spray the mixture on the affected areas and use a mop to spread it all around
- Finally, rinse the floor with warm water. Don’t let the mixture sit for too long on the floor.
Floor Waxing Products
If you are looking for shiny tiles and a long-lasting sparkly appearance, floor wax products are one of the best floor cleaning options. There are two types of products available in the market, solid wax and liquid wax. These wax solutions require a longer time to dry up and the preferred number of coatings is two. Now, let us go through a step-by-step guide on how to apply waxing solutions for attaining shiny, sparkling tiles.
- Apply the solid wax using a mop and the liquid wax using a sponge mop. It is for you to decide which type of wax is suitable for your floor.
- Apply the wax by either dipping it into the mixture or applying some on the surface of the mop. Don’t let it get too dry or too waxy.
- Once the application is done, use broad sticks to flatten the mixture on the floor for a smoother appearance.
- Leave the wax to dry on the floor and apply the second coat.
- Once the second coat is applied, leave it to dry for about 8 hours before putting back your furniture.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *