The transfer of photos from the iPhone to a computer can be complicated sometimes and result in iPhone photos not showing up on PC. This problem may occur if you are not following the right procedure for the transfer of images. The necessary process is to connect your iPhone with your PC via a USB cable. Then go to Windows file explorer followed by Apple iPhone, then internal storage, and finally DCIM. Then you can copy the photos from your device to your PC and have a smooth transfer. But sometimes, things do not work this way, and your photos do not show up on PC. This problem can be solved using some steps suggested by experts of law assignment help UK services.
Some of the reasons you can’t see photos on your PC are as follows and their solutions to help you solve this problem.
Your phone is locked or not connected to your PC correctly.
To solve this problem, you should first check the state of your phone. Make sure that it is switched on, unlocked, and connected to the PC properly. Check the USB cable. If the phone is locked, then first open it, unplug it from the PC and then connect it again.
The operating system of your phone is not updated to the latest version.
You can solve this issue by updating your phone’s operating system to the latest version and then trying again. To update the operating system on your iPhone, go to general settings and then to software updates. If your phone informs you about any updates available, then install them. If the problem is occurring due to this issue, it will be solved after updating the operating system.
The iCloud photo library is turned on on your iPhone.
In case you have turned on the iCloud photo library on your iPhone, some of your photos might be getting saved in iCloud rather than your iPhone. To solve this problem, you can download your pictures from iCloud.com to your PC.
The photos you are trying to transfer are not in the camera roll.
If you are trying to copy images that are not in your camera roll and any other folder, you may face this problem. Your PC only recognizes the images, photos, and videos in the camera roll of your iPhone. Make sure to save all the desired files in the camera roll before transferring them to the PC.
Windows on your PC are not updated.
Just as it is important to update your iPhone’s operating system to transfer pictures smoothly, it is also necessary to update Windows 10 of your PC to its latest version. If your Windows are not updated to the latest version, you may face problems in running some software. To update the Windows, go to the settings, select Update, and Security, and then check for updates in windows updates. If there are any, uninstall them. This will solve any software issues arising due to the inaccurate version of windows.
The driver of the iPhone is corrupted or outdated.
If your iPhone’s driver is outdated or corrupted, your PC may not recognize the photos in your iPhone. To solve this issue, first of all, press Win and X at the same time. A popup quick access menu will show up from which select Device manager. Then click Portable devices and right-click on Apple iPhone, followed by selecting update driver. After this, click on the option of Browse my computer for driver software. Choose Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. After this, you will have to select the device driver needed. Then install the driver on your PC; after installing the driver shut down the windows and reboot your computer. After doing this long process, connect your phone with the PC, and you will find photos.
Your PC needs troubleshooting the iPhone.
Sometimes the problem may occur because your PC needs to troubleshoot the iPhone or any other iOS device. For this, go to the control panel of your computer. Select Hardware and sound, then View devices and printers and click Unspecified. Then right-click on the iPhone and choose Troubleshooter. After your PC completes the detection process, follow the screen’s guide to troubleshooting the device. In the end, reboot your computer as well as your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone with the PC and check if the photos are now showing up.
If you do not recognize any of the problems mentioned above and are still facing iPhone photos not showing up on PC, here are some other ways you can try to fix this problem.
- Enable Windows autoplay on your PC. By enabling Windows autoplay, you get the option to choose what to do after connecting your iPhone with your PC. Then you can select to import photos from the camera roll of your mobile to the PC.
- Restart your PC and iPhone.
- Reset your location and privacy settings.
- Make sure you sign-in with the same Apple ID on your devices.
- Check for the hidden pictures. Go to the folder of photos, then albums, and then hidden to make sure there are no pictures or videos saved in this folder. If there are any, then unhide them, and they will start showing up on your PC.
- Recover recently deleted photos. You may have your desired photos in the folder of Recently deleted. If you need them, then recover them from there.
- If you have tried all of these tips and still can’t get your problem solved, you can get third-party software services to transfer the photos from your iPhone to your Personal Computer PC. You can use a tool called MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS. It has a feature named Recover from the iOS device that allows you to detect files from iPhone, which can then be saved to the computer.