The most talked-about sexual dysfunctions is ED (Erectile dysfunction). This condition is defined as a failure to have achieved an erection or when achieved a failure to maintain an erection.
In our society, there is a great variety of medication available to men and women that are suffering from sexual dysfunction. The variety available for men is more accessible and they include; erection pills, timing pills, quick remedies such as creams and sprays.
Some of these products include:
- Extenze pills
- Vitaros cream (topical treatment)
- Delay sprays (topical treatment)
These products are easily available over the counter and can be bought online. These do not necessarily require a doctor’s prescription. The main focus of these pharmaceuticals is to provide a quick and temporary solution for these sexual dysfunctions.
However, the question arises; At what cost are men making the choice to use a health hazard?
The hesitation to talk and discuss these conditions has led men to seek help online & using medication that is not prescribed. Self-examination has become a norm in our male society. The conservative nature has driven men to seek help among themselves.
This is now a major cause for misdiagnosis and the increased rates of infertility in our society and at some level the cause of abnormalities in babies.
Medications that help achieve an erection for a delayed period, put your hormones in hyperdrive. This over time can change the way your body produces hormones. These changes can leave a prominent effect on your body’s chemical balance.
A lot of times these medications are marketed inappropriately. Many do not even cover the actual issue of erectile dysfunction. Leading to false advertising and misleading the people suffering from sexual dysfunction.
Sexualities Special Issue
- Lack of Sexual Desire: this can be caused due to various reasons. Mainly being due to physical health problems, mental health problems, and/or substance abuse.
- Male anorgasmia: It is a persistent inability to have an orgasm. This sexual disorder affects both genders, however, it is more prevalent in females. In male anorgasmia, it is essential to know the cause for a suitable treatment. The causes can be divided into two categories, physiological & psychological.
- Sexual orientation: Which gender a person identifies as and which gender they associate as sexual interest.
- Erectile dysfunction: A common issue among men of all ages. It is natural with aged men but, if it is a persistent issue in young men, then it needs to be treated. It is one of the causes of infertility in men.
- Untimely Ejaculation: This includes:
- Premature ejaculation is due to performance anxiety or over-sensitivity in the genitals.
- Delayed ejaculation.
- Retrograde ejaculation is when semen enters the bladder instead of emerging through the penis during orgasm.
- Difficulty performing intercourse because of chronic diseases: These include Blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Uncomfortable intercourse: A more common problem for females, as a considerable amount of women suffer from dyspareunia. It can be due to a psychological cause or it could be a physiological problem.
- Non-consummated marriage: Couples who have difficulty performing intercourse after marriage. This is a particular issue in our conservative society due to the lack of education and awareness. To create a more prosperous society, these essential matters should be taught & addressed by the educational institutes.
- Infertility in both men and women: as a cause of all of the above
The barrier that has been created around our society which does not approve of talks in regard to sexual health can now be reduced. This is all in the effect of increasing awareness of such sexual dysfunctions and prompting people to seek help. This method also improves the public mindset about sexual health.
Treatments available for Sexual Dysfunction
There are is a multitude of treatments available for sexual conditions. However, if the proper diagnosis is in order. Contingent upon the reason and seriousness of the dysfunction and any fundamental ailments, there may be different treatment choices. The primary care physician can clarify the dangers and advantages of every treatment and will think about all inclinations. There may be some consideration of the partner’s inclination as well when reaching a diagnosis.
The doctor may prescribe oral medication. The medications may vary in dosage, how long they work, and have substantial side effects. Some of the possible side effects include flushing, nasal congestion, headache, visual changes, backache, and stomach upset.
Before taking any medication for erectile dysfunction, including over-the-counter supplements and herbal remedies, get your doctor’s consent. Medications for erectile dysfunction may not be compatible with everyone and might be less effective in certain conditions. These are such as after prostate surgery or if you have diabetes. Some medications might also be dangerous if you:
- If you take nitrate drugs are that commonly prescribed for chest pains.
- You have heart disease or have suffered heart failure before
- If you have very low blood pressure (hypotension)
Henceforth, it is essential to seek guidance from your health care provider.
There is another medication as well that are administered differently.
- Alprostadil self-injection each injection is dosed to create an erection lasting no longer than an hour.
- Alprostadil urethral suppository: The medication takes effect usually within 10 minutes. The erection then lasts between 30 to 60 minutes.
- Testosterone replacement: A therapy recommended for people with really low levels of testosterone.
There are other ways that sexual dysfunctions such as ED can be avoided. These are also ways in which men can boost fertility and stamina. These methods include:
- Regular exercises for long hours of sitting has been approving to affect sperm health. Which in the long term may cause infertility in men.
- Maintain a healthy diet: What you eat is what you are. There is nothing more true. Taking a balanced diet allows the body to be stronger and resilient.
- Psychological counseling: If you feel that the dysfunction is a cause of past trauma or current emotional state then it’s best to seek psychological help.
All in all, it is always best to take a step for your own health. However, it is an individual’s responsibility to seek authentic advice before administrating any medication.